Welcome to Jolley Elementary School!
Jolley Elementary School, located at 224 South University in Vermillion, South Dakota, serves 350 students in Second through Fifth Grade. Our school opened in 1959 and has been remodeled twice in the past 20 years. The Jolley mascot is the tanager and our school color is red.
At Jolley we engage students, staff, families, and the community to increase achievement and create a safe, respectful, and responsible environment for learning collaboratively. Our teachers are organized in grade level teams to analyze data, plan instruction, and monitor the progress of each child. Our Specialist teachers provide instruction in Physical Education, Music, Counseling, Technology, and Library Media resources.
Community partners, PTO, Jolley families, and staff worked together to create a school of opportunities.
The school’s phone number is 605-677-7015 and our school hours are 8:20 a.m. to 3:12 p.m. If you are interested in after school care, Beyond School Adventures Program provides that service at Jolley. Please contact BSA at 605-202-0300 or see the district website for information on cost, schedule, and programming.
- Dedicated computer labs, library and gymnasium
- SMART Board and IPad technology
- STREAM Lab (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art & Math) Lab
- State of the art library
- Educational partnership with the University of South Dakota School of Education
- Strengths-Based School
- Amplified classrooms
- After-school program – BSA
- Licensed & Certified Counseling Staff
- Junior Achievement
- RTI instruction in reading
- PBIS – Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports
- D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education)